Friday 31 May 2019

May 2019 Kawaii & Geeky Wishlist

Hello guys! I hope you've all been having a lovely week! Here comes the end of another month... I know I'm probably starting to sound like a broken record, but I literally cannot get over just how quickly this year seems to be flying by. Like how it is June tomorrow? HOW?? Well, since it's the last day of the month, it is wishlist time :) I have actually been lusting over quite a lot of things this month, so it was challenging to narrow them down for today's post, but I did it! And I hope you all enjoy reading! 


1. Build-A-Bear Psyduck Plushie YAY! I was hoping that the release of the Detective Pikachu would inspire the Build-A-Bear Workshop to release more Pokemon plushies! I mean, they could have been planning to make a Psyduck all along but since this little cutie was one of the main Pokemon characters in the new movie, I think it was the best time for them to introduce him to their Pokemon collection. I have always thought Psyduck was adorable, but to be honest he was a kind of forgettable character when I watched the anime series as a kid. However the one in the movie was so relatable for someone with anxiety, like myself, and I think he might actually be my spirit animal XD so now I need this plush! It's available with the sweetest little raincoat and hat too! 

2. Funko Pop! Vinyl Harry Potter Fawkes figure Funko have just released some new Pop! Vinyl's of characters from Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire and to be honest I want them all! It was tough to decide which to share on my wishlist, but in the end, I just had to choose the Fawkes figure, because it's so unique and epic-looking, especially with the flames! I have been hoping for so long to see Fawkes as a Pop! and when Funko started making Fantastic Beasts figures, I knew it was only a matter of time before we got Dumbledore's fabulous Phoenix. The other Pops released along with Fawkes were: Professor Trelawney, Viktor Krum, Fleur Delacour, Cedric Diggory and Harry Potter (all of the students are wearing their Yule Ball outfits!). 

3. Pokemon Detective Pikachu Plush Keychain I was considering picking up some of the new merchandise that the Japanese Pokemon Center released for the new Detective Pikachu movie last month, but I ended spending my money on playing ichiban kuji instead (it's so addictive!). After going to see Detective Pikachu at the cinema with my best friend though, I immediately had a mighty need to get myself this plush keychain, as I really enjoyed the movie! Since I already have my big Pikachu from Build-A-Bear, I just want to get myself a little plushie of the super cute detective! I hope I can buy this keychain soon :) 

4. TokiDoki Cactus Bunnies Blind Box I am in love with these new blind boxes!! If you've been a regular reader of my blog for a while now, you will know that I am a toy collector and hobbyist toy photographer, and that I have a slight obsession with figures by the Italian brand TokiDoki! One of my absolute favourite collections by them has always been their Cactus characters. In fact, I came across a Hello Kitty X TokiDoki cactus collaboration plush when I was a teenager that I adored and that is how I first learnt about the brand :) Well, TokiDoki are apparently mind-readers! I have been thinking for ages now that there should be a rabbit version of the Cactus figures, to join the cat and dog collections already available... they have finally answered my prayers. I NEED THEM ALL! 

5. Set of 3 Dragon Pin Badges How gorgeous are these pins!? They are part of a collection that was inspired by Game of Thrones, and to be honest, I would love to own all of the pins! The collection was designed as a collaboration between the Black Wanda Shop and Mongane Brret Shop, and this set of three dragons is my favourite of the lot. They are just so pretty, and I love dragons so much! They are currently out of stock, but they will be restocking soon and I really hope I manage to get them! I love how simplistic the design of the dragons are and the pastel colours used. I also think it's awesome that you get three pins for only £14, that you can wear separately or altogether. 

6. Banpresto Hermione Granger QPosket figure Aren't QPoskets just the loveliest figures!? I have always loved them, but ever since I bought my first one from Japan Award last year, I cannot resist wanting more! (If you're interested, you can check out my first QPosket here). Most of the ones I've seen have been of Disney characters, and a few DC ones, but recently, the Harry Potter ones have been brought to my attention. I wish there was a Luna Lovegood version, but Hermione is still a fabulous character and this Qposket of her with book in hand is fantastic! She's unfortunately out of stock on the website I use at the moment, but as soon as she's back in stock, I'm gonna snap her up :) 

7. Safely Endangered Comics by Chris McCoy I'm so happy that there's now going to be a book filled with the Safely Endangered Comics! These marvellous illustrations by artist Chris McCoy never fail to make me giggle, and I feel like I'm in need of something to inspire happiness in my life to look at everytime I require a pick-me-up. Who else loves the Safely Endangered artwork? If you haven't seen it, you have to check them out! You can find them on Instagram and Tumblr

8. Vans X Harry Potter Ravenclaw trainers Okay, so these shoes aren't even out yet, but ever since I heard about them, they have been on my wishlist so I thought I'd include them and bring them to your attention! I have always loved when Vans has done collaborations with my favourite franchises... I've had/have some Hello Kitty vans, Disney ones, Nintendo ones, and now they are going to be releasing a line for one of my most beloved franchises, Harry Potter :D There's going to be a different design and style of trainer for each of the Hogwarts Houses. I have to admit that I was  a little 'worried' when I first heard about them, that the Ravenclaw one would have a massive Raven printed on the side of the shoe or something... and if you're a fellow Potterhead, you'll likely be as annoyed as I am that so many companies seem to think that the emblem for Ravenclaw house is a Raven. It's super annoying! Even some of the official Warner Bros merch has a Raven instead of an Eagle... I'll stop now before I get carried away with my nerdy ranting :D But yeah, even though these Vans shoes might have a tiny Raven symbol somewhere, they are mostly safe from this mistake as far as I can see, and I am a big fan of the design they've gone for. I think they are the best shoes from all of the four House designs available, and I'm not just saying that because I'm a Ravenclaw, haha. I am in need of some new shoes, so I am looking forward to their release. 

Thankyou for reading! 


♥ 


What's on your wishlist this month? 
What have you been buying lately? I'd love to know! 

Share:

1 comment

  1. Honestly I cannot recommend you picking up one of the Detective Pikachu plushies, whether it be the keyring you've shown in your wish list or even the bigger plushies. They're gorgeous, incredibly soft AND very limited right now in Japan! :D

    I knew you would be after the Harry Potter VANS! This being said, I know a lot of Harry Potter fans who feel let down by them as they aren't anything "special". I can't comment on this of course, but the ones you've shown look cool. :D

    Fab geeky wish list post as always sweet! :D

    https://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig