Happy New Year Everyone! May 2016 be filled with happiness & awesomeness for you! I hope you do everything you want to & have a fantastic time doing it!
I always have a difficult time sticking to any of the New Years goals I set myself; I'll start off really well at the beginning of the year and just sort of forget about them for the rest of the year. Not this year! I'm determined to try really hard to stay focused on these goals and I've decided to finally do something that I've wanted to do for a few years now, which is make a scrapbook to look back on everything I've done at the end of the year. I think adding to the scrapbook throughout the year will keep me motivated and remind me of the progress I'm making :)
My goals for 2016
(1) Eat more healthily; I'm going to try and change my eating habits to see if it will have a positive effect on my mental & physical health.
(2) Travel more around the UK; I want to visit some of the beautiful places that this country has to offer. Through postcrossing, I've talked to lots of people across the World who have actually visited more places in the UK than I have so I think it's about time I explored for myself.
(3) Try more foods; I'm a very fussy eater and I often get bored of eating the same old meals all the time so I'd like to try and find new recipes using my favourite foods. In December, I tried a new fruit called a Pomelo and it made me think about all the fruit and vegetables out there that I've never eaten so I'm on a mission this year to try some.
(4) Create a memory jar; I keep reading about these online and I'd love to have make one of my own. I think they are a great idea :)
(5) Get more tattoos; at the moment I only have one tattoo and I have SO MANY ideas for what I want next so I need to get them. I keep putting it off because I'm not a fan of needles, in fact when it's clinical needles I am terrified, so I hate getting the tattoo done but once it's over, I'm so happy. I think tattoos are gorgeous.
(6) Go on holiday with a friend; this would be awesome and I really hope I can do this!
(7) Improve my confidence; I want to try really hard this year not to let my social anxiety win and keep holding me back.
(8) Dye my hair a bright colour; this is been a goal of mine for ages and I've been waiting for all of the black to grow out of my hair after years of dying it... my hair is very long so it has taken forever! I can't wait to have blue or green or purple hair.
(9) Get better at make-up & sort out a skincare routine; I have so much to learn and so many things to try. I'm excited. Reading everyone's posts on skincare has been constantly reminding me that I need to do this!
(10) Get involved more & help people; I want to do my bit to help others so this year I'm going to try to do something for charity, help out someone in need. I'd also love to get more involved with feminist causes and campaigns.
(11) Go to more gigs; I've already bought tickets for Bowling For Soup & Busted! Yayy!
(12) Learn to bake more things; I love baking & I want to try out some new cake recipes and learn how make some desserts.
(13) Join in with twitter chats; I'm very new to twitter and I'm still figuring out how to do things & learning about all the different twitter chats. It will be challenge for me because of my anxiety but I'd love to get involved and meet some lovely new people and get to know some of the bloggers behind the blogs I love to read.
(14) Complete my journals/art books; in 2015 I started my Wreck This Journal & my Anti Journal and as usual, I've completed lots of the pages but have never finished the books so I need to get them done!
(15) Get through my 'To Watch List'; I have a mass of sticky notes on my laptop desktop with lists of movies that I wanted to watch over the last year and due to all the challenges and tough times I faced in 2015 I didn't watch them all. I want to get this goal completed soon so I can make a new list for this year.
(16) Start using my planner; I got a gorgeous domino filofax for my birthday and I can't wait to fill it. I admire of all the beautiful planner set-ups I've seen on instagram and pinterest so much and I'm looking forward to putting my own together.
(17) Do more DIY projects; I want to get crafty this year and see if I can find myself another hobby.
(18) Start writing again; When I was younger, I used to love writing. I'd write short stories all the time and read them to my best friend. Over the years, I got so preoccupied with life that I stopped and I want to give it another go.
(19) Make an art journal; I've seen such beautiful journals that people make to help with their mental health and I really want to see if it will help me too :)
(20) & Lastly, I want to be more open about my anxiety & depression; Starting my blog and being able to talk more openly about my personal experience of mental health has been really helpful for me and the thought that my posts could help someone else makes me happy. It's a scary thought but I want to try and be more open about it with the people around me, my friends and family and on my social media.
Thankyou for reading!
What are your goals/resolutions for 2016?