Tuesday 13 December 2016

November Doki Doki Box | Review

Hello lovelies! There has been a serious lack of posts on Raiin Monkey this month and for that, I'm so sorry. Living with both mental and physical illness makes blogging really hard at times, and for the last few weeks, I have been having a pretty hard time. I've been struggling with my mental health, with my depression getting overwhelming and in turn, my fibromyalgia and IBS have been flared up and my meds have not been doing much to help. It's been difficult to find the motivation to do the most basic of daily tasks, and so sitting down to write out a blog post or gathering up the energy to take photographs and spend hours editing them has been almost impossible. I've built up so many scribblings of half-written posts in my notebook over the month and looking over them at the weekend, I was determined to get back to blogging this week! I've got a lot to catch up with as there's so much I want to share with you all this month. For today's post, I'll be showing you all what I got inside my latest Doki Doki subscription box. Enjoy!

November Doki Doki Box

If you're a regular reader of my blog, you'll already know a little about Doki Doki , but if not, I'll tell you more :) Doki Doki is a monthly subscription box filled with kawaii items. It is produced by Japan Crate, which is another monthly subscription box filled with all kinds of snacks from Japan. Each Doki Doki box has a different theme, and you get a mixture of Doki Doki's own character merchandise as well as some from other Japanese brands. The theme for November's box was Kawaii Cafe. Keep reading to see what items they included in this box...

November Doki Doki Box

Inside the Kawaii Cafe Box: Croissant Pen, Monthly Hoppe Chan Charm, Puchi Puchi Baguette Pouch, Chocolate Notebook, Exclusive Rilakkuma Sunglasses, Sailor Moon Sweet Mascot Re-ment Blind Box, and a 'Baguette Au Petit Lapin' plush. 

November Doki Doki Box

I was really impressed with my latest Doki Doki Box, in fact, I think it was the best box I've received so far! It was great to get a random theme that I would never have expected. It was such a nice surprise and a unique theme. I'll be very happy if the boxes carry on like this!

As a stationery lover, it was fabulous to get a few stationery items in the November box. The crossiant pen is so cool, and I definitely would have loved to received this item when I was in high school and had a thing for quirky pens! I don't know how easy it will be to write with, but I still love it! Something cool about this pen too is that it has a little magnet attached so you can stick it to the fridge or a filing cabinet in a office so you always have a pen handy :)

November Doki Doki Box

Although these sunglasses don't fit in with the overall box theme really well, I mean you're likely not going to be sitting outside a cafe in the sun rockin' your super cute new sunglasses in the middle of November haha not if you live in England right now anyway!, but they are still a nice item to have in preparation for next summer. I love getting exclusive items in my subscription boxes too, because it makes the price for the box and those costly shipping and possibly customs fees seem that much more worth it. It's also awesome that these sunglasses are small and the perfect size for me! They are a good quality too.

November Doki Doki Box

This chocolate notebook is another quirky item in this month's box! I can never have too many notebooks so I'm happy to add this one to my collection and the paper inside is blank which I like. I can use it as a jot pad to just quickly note things down in, and it's small enough for me to take it out and about with me :) The rubber cover of the notebook not only looks cool but it's also scented. It's supposed to smell like chocolate, but it really doesn't haha it's more of a fruity fragrance with a soft undertone of chocolate. Still groovy though :) My favourite thing about it is the bite-mark in the bottom corner that looks like someone's been nibbling away at it. It's super cute! 

November Doki Doki Box

One of my favourite things about the Doki Doki crate is the monthly Hoppe Chan charm that is included in every box. The charm is always designed in a way that resembles the theme of each box but is usually a similar overall design. This months charm hopefully was very different and I thought it was fantastic. Hoppe Chan is sitting on cream of a slice of cake, which is decorated with dollops of cream and little gem details. It's a lovely charm and I've never been anything like it before. I like that the decoration on top of the cake is made out of a squishy plastic but is still sturdy enough that I would feel safe hanging this charm on more of my bags without worrying too much that it will easily break. 

November Doki Doki Box

November Doki Doki Box

 This is the best plushie that I have received in any subscription box! I absolutely love it :) It's so adorable and made out of the softest material and has the sweetest little design... a bunny hiding into a sandwich! Just awwww He has the cutest little face and ears and blushing cheeks. Also, look at this tiny pom-pom tail! He's just so squishy and precious. Also, well-made too. I'm impressed. Can you tell how much I like him!? :D 

November Doki Doki Box

It's no secret that I really love blind boxes and collectible figures, so you can imagine how happy I was when I opened the November box and found this charm blind box inside! I love Sailor Moon when I was a child, and earlier this year started re-watching it so I'm super happy to receive this item. I have always been curious about the blind boxes by Re-ment, a Japanese collectible toy company, so it was great to finally get one. Have you ever got a Re-ment blind box before? What figures?

There was six different charms available in this blind box, and which of the charms has two seperate charms which can be removed if you prefer just one on your charm or want you use one on something else. One of the charms is a chocolate and the other is a pastry/biscuit. I would have been delighted to get any of the charms, but I had two favourites. I didn't get the one that I most wanted but I got my next best choice. It's a super nice charm, colourful and has a good paintjob. 

November Doki Doki Box

Oops, I always seem to forgot to get a close up photo of one of the items! This time, it was the 'Puchi Puchi Bagette Pouch'. Apparently 'puchi puchi' in Japanese describes the sound that something squishy makes! This pouch is made from squishy plush material hence the name. It's a cute pouch that can be used to put in either stationery essentials or make-up/make-up brushes. It would only be good for day-to-day amounts though because it's not very big. It might also make a good glasses/sunglasses case because it's squishy which will cushion the glasses and keep them safe, if handled with care. The pouche has a very simplistic design which is made to replicate a simple bagette bun. I like it :) 

Overall, I very much enjoyed the November Doki Doki Box. It was wonderful in my opinion, and the items were fun and something a little different, and I'm super excited now to find out what other themes will be in future boxes. With the last few months I've received I was a actually considering cancelling my subscription because I was only getting a few items I liked in each box but not enough to justify the cost of the subscription plus P&P. However, this box changed my mind and I think I'll give the box a few more tries. I was happy that I didn't get a t-shirt this month, because even though they are cute, they don't cater for a variety of plus sizes and that sucks. I love the Kawaii Cafe theme and all of the items are great as well as useful or just nice to have! What do you think of this box?

Thankyou for reading!

 

What's your favourite item in the Kawaii Cafe Box? 

Check out my previous Doki Doki Crates here:
 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig