Saturday 23 December 2017

Making Your Own Christmas Gift Baubles | Blogmas #23

Hello lovelies! Wow, it's Christmas Eve tomorrow!! What even? It's been one of those busy busy days leading up to Christmas and I've been wrapping presents, which for me is super stressful because I am crap at wrapping & my co-ordination has always been all over the place! I haven't even wrapped all of my gifts for people yet, but I will be finished by tomorrow evening hopefully. I have been wanting to share this post for a few weeks, however because I'm just so organised when it comes to Christmas, I didn't have the items that I'm going to be talking about today ready :D Back in November, when I was having a browse around for homemade Christmas gift ideas, I saw quite a few Pinterest posts featuring gifts inside baubles & thought it was a great idea! Apologies that I've left it so late that you probably won't be able to make these yourself for your loved ones this year, but at least you will be well prepared with an idea for next Christmas! Enjoy :) 

Gift Ideas Christmas Baubles

So what exactly do I mean by Christmas Gift Baubles? Well, basically all you do is buy clear plastic baubles and fill them with gifts! It makes such a cute present in my opinion, which is a fun alternative to getting your friends & family a small stocking. Especially since it can be displayed on their tree as an extra-exciting decoration! I personally love surprises so it would make me look forward to opening up the bauble so much seeing it everyday on my tree! I opted to buy large baubles so that I could fit large stocking fillers inside, and because you can fit more stuff inside. I bought my baubles off eBay, and I got a pack of 10 for just under £13 with free shipping. Oh and they are 12cm in diameter, but they have various sizes available. Here's a link to the item if you're interested in buying some for yourself! You could also probably buy these clear baubles in craft stores too. Keep reading to find out what I put inside some of my Christmas gift baubles :) 

Gift Ideas Christmas Baubles
I'll show you photos of the filled baubles towards the end of my posts but I just wanted to mention that they arrive in two halves like this and you can simply click them together to seal them. They are very sturdy and didn't pop open or anything. I was very happy with the quality of the items, because I admit that I was nervous that the plastic would be thin and brittle, but I was pleased when they arrived and I discovered they were great value for money. They don't come with any sort of hanger or tag (whatever it's called haha!), but you get a little part with a hole to add one yourself. I used some shiny gold 'ribbon' that you get for wrapping presents and I think it looked lovely. You might want to get something a little stronger if you're putting items that are heavy inside your own baubles though, just to prevent them falling off of the tree!

Today, I'm going to show you three completed baubles that I've put together for my nieces and one of my nephews, my other nephew is a little too young for one of these yet :) I bought little stocking fillers and also socks because they are a handy present to get, plus they take up a good chunk of the space inside the bauble whilst also looking nice! 

Gift Ideas Christmas Baubles


Gift Ideas Christmas Baubles

Gift Ideas Christmas Baubles

So those are the cute little bits & bobs that I chose for them! I'm really glad that I went with the Christmas gift bauble idea because it means that they all get something similar so there's no potential 'but theirs is better than mine!' bickering :D but I can still tailor them to everyone's personal tastes. You can give these baubles to anyone of your loved ones, no matter than their age or interest(s). I bought lots of little chocolates to put in the baubles to make them more fun, and I also added some random pieces of green and red Christmas wrapping ribbon into the base of the baubles to add some festive colours. 

Here are my completed baubles... 

Gift Ideas Christmas Baubles

Gift Ideas Christmas Baubles


Gift Ideas Christmas Baubles

Gift Ideas Christmas Baubles

You can probably make your own a lot more photogenic than mine, haha! I decided to give these as Christmas Eve presents, to give them something to open the night before, as I thought that would be fun! I also got them some other gifts to go under the tree to be opened on Christmas Day too. I think Christmas gift baubles are a fantastic idea for those of you shopping on a budget because you don't need to spend that much to fill them, and they look packed to the brim once you get your gifts inside so it looks more than it already is, if that makes sense! You can always wrap your baubles to keep that element of surprise, or line the inside with a layer of dark-coloured tissue paper so you can't see through it! I hope that you've enjoyed reading my post today guys :) I'd love to hear your thoughts on gift baubles, so let me know in the comments. Have a fabulous Christmas Eve tomorrow!

Thankyou for reading! 



Have you made any homemade Christmas gifts this year?
Or have you come up with an interesting present idea?  

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig