Wednesday 10 August 2016

Dose of Colors Liquid Lipsticks | Review

Happy Wednesday everyone! I hope you've all had a great day. I've been getting things ticked off of my to-do-list, getting some blog photography done, starting a mental health diary for my new therapist and sorting out things for tomorrow. My best friend & I are going to see Suicide Squad then heading to Frankie & Benny's for something to eat. I can't wait! What have you all got planned for the rest of the week? Let me know in the comments. Today, I wanted to show you all my new liquid lipsticks by the US cosmetics brand, Dose of Colors. I recently purchased three shades of liquid-matte lipsticks and I already love them. Enjoy!

Dose of Colors Liquid Lipstick

Everyone is lovin' the liquid-matte lipstick range by Dose of Colors right now; it's currently taking the online world by storm and it's difficult to not find yourself adding every single shade to your wishlist! Having never used a liquid lipstick before, I'd been searching for the perfect one to order for months and so as soon as my fellow bloggers started sharing selfies wearing these DOC lipsticks, I couldn't wait to get my hands on some for myself. I chose the shades: 'Berry Me', 'Kiss of Fire' and 'Chocolate Wasted', but it was definitely a challenge to narrow it down to three

Dose of Colors Liquid Lipstick


Dose of Colors Liquid Lipstick, Dose of Colors Berry Me, Dose of Colors Chocolate Wasted, Dose of Colors Kiss of Fire,

How gorgeous is the packaging of these lipsticks!? I absolutely adore the frosted glass look. I personally think it makes the lipsticks look expensive and fancy. My first impressions of these liquid lipsticks is that they are amazing! I love the bold colours, they are so vibrant and eye-catching. I was really curious about what the texture of the lipstick would be like, as I'm someone who doesn't like the feel of lipgloss (I know, I'm weird haha). It was very easy to apply, although I did have to add another coat when using the 'Chocolate Wasted' one, and it dried very quickly. It was quite awesome to see a liquid lipstick dry on matte for the first time! I definitely feel like this lipstick is going to be long lasting too, as it didn't come off when I wiped across my lips with a wet-wipe or no matter how many times I licked my lips. I'm looking forward to putting it to the test on a night out. 

Dose of Colors Liquid Lipstick

Dose of Colors Liquid Lipstick, Dose of Colors Berry Me, Dose of Colors Chocolate Wasted, Dose of Colors Kiss of Fire,

I can't decide which of these shades is my favourite, but it's very close between 'Kiss of Fire' and 'Chocolate Wasted'. I absolutely love the 'Kiss of Fire' shade! I fell in love with the shade after reading a post about Dose of Color lipsticks over at Mermaid in Disguise. It's such a sexy colour, red with a pink tint. It's so much brighter than I imagined it would be, which just made me like it even more. The colour reminds me of strawberries. I chose the shade 'Chocolate Wasted' as I've been wanting a brown lipstick for such a long time and I just adore how good this shade looks on everyone else! I was a little worried that this shade of brown would look too dark and maybe wouldn't suit my pale skin,  however I really loved how it looked on and it was my best friend's favourite on me :) As for 'Berry Me', I picked this colour as berry tones are my favourite and are always my go-to shades. It's perfect for Autumn, but perfect for me all year round. I think it's really pretty and out of the three will likely be the one I wear the most. 

Dose of Colors Liquid Lipsticks, Dose of Colors Berry Me, Dose of Colors Chocolate Wasted, Dose of Colors Kiss of Fire,

I can't compare other brands of liquid lipstick as they are the first I've ever used however from what I've read and been told, everyone can't recommend this brand enough, they love it! I bought these lipsticks directly from the Dose of Colors website because I needed them as soon as possible! The lipsticks worked out at around £14 each and just under £10 for the postage. When ordering from America, there's always a risk of getting a customs fee and I did with my DOC order. It was pretty pricey at £15.50 but so worth it. I'm really glad I was able to get my first experience of using liquid lipstick with such a fabulous product. The quality is fantastic and I'm looking forward to testing them out and showing them off!

Thankyou for reading! 


What's your favourite shade out of the ones I bought? What's your favourite liquid lipstick brand? I'd love some recommendations!


Follow me on social media
 

 
Share:

4 comments

  1. I hadn't heard of that brand before! They look fantastic, though. Actually, I've never even tried any liquid mattes, nor really read about them. These look a great way to jump in ;) I wasn't sure about the Chocolate one, but it does look really nice! And the other colours are super pretty as well :) My favourite might be Berry Me, though I'm being attracted to autumn colours and materials lately, so it might be mmy mindset, haha

    Erin | Explore, Refresh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou. They are really great lipsticks, I'm so glad I bought them. Me too! It was a lot darker than I expected but I quite like it on, it will just take a while to get used to the dark colour haha Thanks for saying so :) Berry Tones are my favourite too. I can't wait for Autumn! x

      Delete
  2. I adore Kiss of Fire and I think it really suits you! I love matte lipsticks too. Were they long lasted? I had a Rimmel matte lipstick and I found it stained my lips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of this brand before! Thanks for sharing :D did you enjoy Suicide Squad? I haven't tried a liquid lipstick before either, am trying to decide where to order from! It's a shame they're from America and the customs charge is so much :( I just checked their website and they are vegan and cruelty free yay! Maybe they will sell in England one day <3 the colours all look fab on you! So brave to try brown lippy, and it really suits you!

    Amber Love Blog

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig