Tuesday 3 November 2015

Another Bunny Birthday ♥


 Today, I celebrated one of my rabbit's birthdays. Poko, my gorgeous little lionhead, is now 4! We don't know the exact date of his birthday but we know it's at the end of October, so we always celebrate it at the end of the month/beginning of November. Since my Pets at Home order of treats and toys was due to arrive yesterday, I decided to celebrate it today. Everytime one of my bunnies has a birthday, I have a little 'party' and give all of them lots of treats! This time I bought enough to last for days! Here's what I got: 




I'll tell you all a little more about Poko.... When I first saw him, he reminded me of a little raccoon and immediately I knew I wanted to name him after the Studio Ghibli movie 'Pom Poko'. I thought Poko sounded like a cute name, but I pronounce it differently than the movie title (I say Pock-o). Out of all my bunnies, he is the smallest. He's so cute and tiny and shy. In 2013, I entered his photo to the Small Furry Pets magazine and he was chosen as star picture of the month. Here's his winning photo:


Late last year, Poko had to have an operation to remove his front teeth because he damaged one of them which caused them to start growing in an abnormal way. After having his teeth clipped a few times and a discussion with our vet that he'd have to continuously have his teeth clipped up to twice a month, we decided it would be less stressful for him to have them removed. Since he still has his back teeth, he has no problem eating his pellets & hay and we chop his vegetables up for him. I bought the hay mixes especially for him and I crushed the treats into small pieces so he could have some too. The pick & mix speckled rolls were really popular with all my rabbits! Here are some photos of him enjoying his birthday treats: 


I hope you all had a great day!


Do you have a rabbit? I'd love to hear all about him/her!
Can you recommend any treats that your rabbits love?  
 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig