Monday 9 March 2020

Aviakey Custom Print Commission

Hey everyone! How's Monday been for you? I've been recovering from my shenanigans at the weekend... I went to a Eurovision party (celebrating Sweden's Melodifestivalen final) and got a little too drunk :'). I hope that I'm feeling better tomorrow, because I have a busy week ahead of me! I know I've said this before, but I am now actually re-decorating my bedroom, after a few years of the process being put on standby and living with boxes of flat-pack Ikea furniture scattered here and there all over the house :D I've been spending the last week or so boxing up all of my belongings and moving them into another room, in preparation for painting and wallpapering. I'm already exhausted with the process and there's so much left to do...

Anyhow, today I finally get to share something with you guys that I've had to wait to talk about! I commissioned an artist, who's work I love, to create an art piece of my friend's beloved furbabies. I was thinking about the idea for months as I thought it would be a lovely present to gift her for her birthday. I've adored Aviakey's wonderful artwork ever since I was lucky enough to win a custom Animal Crossing character print from them in a giveaway over on Instagram (read all about my fabulous prize here). Ever since, I have been in love with their artwork, and as an animal lover, especially their more realistic illustrations of animals :) As soon as I saw a post by Aviakey saying they would love people to commission them to draw their pets, I just knew that I had to ask them to draw something for my friend This post is going to be all about the gorgeous artwork I received! It took me a while to send it out to my friend and so I've not been able to post anything about it, but she's received it now so I can show it off! I hope you all enjoy reading :) 

Aviakey Custom Pet Art Comission

So, before I show you guys the super awesome artwork, I wanted to mention what I asked for and how much it cost :) My friend has two cat babies and a doggo, so I sent over some photos and let Aviakey have creative freedom when it came to the design. Although I did ask for my friend's pets to be outdoors on the grass and for there to be blue sky in the background, because this was something that I really loved about the Animal Crossing custom art I won. It looked so eye-catching and bright! And having a backdrop like that made the character pop, so I wanted my friend's pets to stand out in the same way. The commission cost £30 and I wanted a physical version VS a digital one so I paid £5 for printing as well as for the P&P. £35 for a beautiful, one-of-a-kind present for one of my closest friends was very reasonable in my opinion, and just wait until you see it!! 

A photo of a custom pet art comission, featuring a black dog and two sleeping cats, one ginger, one black and white

Ta-da! HOW FLIPPIN' CUTE IS THIS ARTWORK!!? It's so colourful and adorable and oh my gosh, just perfect! I really love Aviakey's illustration style; my friend's furbabies look so cute and cuddly! Something else I love is the contrast between the animals and the scene, and I'm so happy with my decision to have the grass and blue sky. I'm not an artist, so I don't know the technical way of describing this, haha... but one of my favourite things about the print, other than the pets of course, is the brush effect of the sky and grass. I don't know if that makes sense, but I love how it looks!! 

A close up of two sleeping cats, one is ginger, then other is black and white, from a custom pet art comission

A close up of a black dog from a custom pet art comission piece

Here are some close-up shots, so you can check out all of the little details. Let's talk about these three precious babies! My friend's dog is very energetic and happy, and after discussing more about her, Aviakey came up with this design, which I was delighted with!! Her personality just shines through and she looks like she's having the time of her life, playing in the grass. One of my favourite photos I had of my friend's cats was of them when they were kittens, cuddled up together sleeping. So I'm really glad that Aviakey was inspired by this photo! They look too cute!! I love that one of them is hugging the other... awww, brotherly love :) 

A photo showing a custom art print featuring a dog and two sleeping cats

I can't get over how beautiful the artwork is!! It's super photogenic, too! It's going to look even more brilliant once it's framed. 'I absolutely love my picture of the animals!!! It's amazing' was what my friend said to me as soon as it arrived, so it's safe to say she's over the moon with it :D Thankyou Aviakey for creating such marvellous art for my friend and for being so lovely! Definitely make sure to go and check out Aviakey's Instagram everyone, and you should totally get yourself or your loved one's a commission piece, because how could you not!? I hope you guys enjoyed today's post and that you all have a wonderful week! 

Thankyou for reading!


I'd love to hear all about your own furbabies or scaleybabies 
or whatever animal companions you have, so please tell me all about them in the comments!

Have you ever had a custom art comission done before? What did you get?



Keep up to date with my life by following me over on social media: 
Share:

3 comments

  1. This is so cute! I love the style of art, and how it's captured such a happy little dog playing next to sleeping cats!

    I bet your friend was super happy with these!

    Jess xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww this is such an adorable piece of art and a wonderful gift to, I'm sure your friend loved it xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a cute print! And I love that you chose such a special concept for your friend's gift. I find sometimes we try too hard with gifts, to go bigger, but things like custom prints are so, so special (and, honestly, so much more versatile and long-lasting). And you're right, the background really made the animals 'pop' :)

    And, shout out for giving some well-deserved attention to the artist!

    Erin
    http://erinmacneil.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig