Friday 13 November 2015

The British Tag

Today I'm doing the British Tag. I've been meaning to do it for a while after I spotted in on Zoe's blog, and I was going to post it yesterday but it took me ages to get my tsum tsum post on because I didn't feel very well, one of the many joys of having chronic illnesses is that whenever the weather is bad, it seems to really affect my mood and just overall health for the day. Does anyone else experience this? Anyhow, I really like doing these tags :) I hope I don't bore you all with my answers. Enjoy!


(1)  How many cups of tea do you have a day? How many sugars?

I drink between 2-5 cups a day, and I have 2 sugars in my tea. Lately, I've been drinking a lot less tea and too much hot chocolate or caramel lattes. Oh, the perks of autumn & winter :) 

(2) Favourite part of your roast dinner?

Sunday roast is one of my favourite meals, and my favourite part is definitely the roasties. I love them so much more when they are homemade. Yorkshire puddings are awesome, too. 

(3) Favourite dunking biscuit?

Custard Creams or Plain Digestive Biscuits. My favourite biscuits are actually current shortbreads but I don't like dunking them.

(4) Favourite quintessentially British pastime?

I don't know if there are any quintessentially British pastimes nowadays because people in many different countries now participate in our traditional hobbies & activities, but I associate letter writing and penpaling as an old British tradition :) I feel very British when I'm sitting in my garden surrounded by flowers in Spring/Summer, drinking tea & writing letters. 

(5) Favourite word?

As soon as I tried to answer this question, I seemed to forget most of awesome words in the English language haha which is annoying because I love words, especially fancy words that I can incorporated into everyday conservations. English language & literature where my favourite lessons at school, after history.  I really like the word 'Pith' (the stuff that you find in citrus fruits)... It always made me laugh whenever I said it and I don't know why! I also love swear words. 

(6) Cockney rhyme slang?

Well, I live nowhere near London & I've only ever been to London once on a trip with university to the Natural History Museum, so I don't know any cockney slang other than the one I can remember from a conservation me and my friends at college had about cockney slang :) 'Apples & Pears' which is apparently slang for stairs. 


(7) Favourite Sweet?

My favourite sweets are Jelly Beans, Dolly Mixture (mostly the dew drops and I often buy packets of them on their own) and Parma Violets. 

(8) What would your pub be called? 

This is a hard one, I have no idea! When I've seen other peoples answers to this question, I've loved their creativity and most of them made me laugh, like my best friend said 'Dog Inn' :) I found it quite difficult to think of my own answer. If I ever had a pub, I would love to have an old medieval style pub in the countryside with lots of history, and I would decorate the interior to make it look as close to an orginial medieval inn as possible. So I'd need a name fitting with the era, something with a mythical or animal... The Wolf's Den, The Raven's Nest, The Witch's Cauldron, The Griffin's Hollow.... the list is endless. 

(9) No.1 British Person?

Kit Harington, James Frain, Kiefer Sutherland, Maisie Williams, Kate Beckinsale... my MCM's & WCW's *heart eyed emoji* 

(10) Favourite shop/restaurant?

My favourite restaurants are pub-style ones that sell traditional British foods and carveries... I'm a very fussy eater so I always stick to the same meals when I eat out at restaurants... either roast dinners or steak meals. I really liked the Harvester so I'd have to say it's my favourite so far. My favourite shops are New Look, Yours Clothing, Paperchase, Lush & anywhere that sells lots of stationary!  

(11) What British song pops into your head?

Oasis songs always remind me of Britain, and home too because I'm from the North West of the country and the first Oasis song that always pops into my head is 'Wonderwall'. 

(12) Marmite?

Nope.



Thanks for reading! I hope you all also enjoyed all the quintessentially British photos I've taken over the last few years for my 'personal' instagram. I'm tagging Kiah, Laura & Codie to do the British tag, but if you read this & fancy doing it yourself, please do & let me know as I enjoy reading these tag thingies as much as I do filling them in. 

 

What do you love most about Britain?

Share:

3 comments

  1. Aww! Thanks for the tag! I will have a go at this tomorrow for my BEDN - Spoiler Alert - I too HATE Marmite! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for tagging me too! I've got a few posts planned ahead so I'll do this in a couple of weeks I think, but hopefully sooner! ^_^ I'm also on team marmite-hate!
      x

      Delete
    2. I'm looking forward to reading both of your answers!

      haha Marmite is so gross D:


      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig