Wednesday 30 September 2015

My Top Three Musicals | Lifestyle

My blogging schedule is all over the place this week, and I apologise for that! I'm not very well right now, I've come down with a chest infection which combined with my asthma has meant that I've not been able to do much more than lounge around on the sofa, wrapped up in a blanket, watching TV. In an attempt to perk myself up a bit yesterday afternoon, I decided to listen to all my favourite songs from the musicals I love and it gave me the idea for today's post.

I love musicals, my top three musicals, my favourite musicals,

I have loved musicals for as long as I can remember which probably stemmed from my love of Disney movies... I used to love singing along whilst watching (I still do, of course! I'll be a huge Disney fan forever). I think the first musical I watched was The Wizard of Oz and I was around 5 years old. After that, I was hooked and would watch any musical movie that was on TV. Who remembers watching Joseph and the Tenchicolour Dreamcoat around Christmas time? One of the many things I love about the time of year are all the festive movies & musicals aired on TV :) Well, before I get carried away, here's a list of my favourite musicals...

Cats the Musical 

Cats is my most favourite musical It's just fantastic! It's a musical by Andrew Lloyd Webber & T.S. Eliot and is based on T.S. Eliot's book 'Old Possoms Book of Practical Cats'. I first watched it on TV when I was 8 years old, and I remember dancing around the living room pretending to be a cat and attempting to copy some of the gymnastics! I think the makeup & costumes are awesome. My favourite songs from the musical are Skimbleshanks the Railway Cat and Mr.Mistoffelees, and I'll likely name my own cats one day after them! I finally got to see the musical live this year with my best friend on 15th July. It was beyond amazing! It was originally performed in 1981 so they added a few new songs, but I still loved it! Me & my friend sat right at the front, and whenever the performers came on and off stage they would interact with me! I was so lucky! :)

Little Shop of Horrors

I love the sci-fi, horror & hints of comedy theme of this musical & Audrey II is a great character! The songs are awesome, and one of my favourites to sing in the shower :D haha. Seymour Krelborn (played by Rick Moranis) is an adorable guy and I love all the scenes when he's raising the plant and struggling to deal with all attention and popularity once the plant is noticed. Steve Martin (well known for his role as the dad in Cheaper by the Dozen) is also in the musical. He is Orin Scrivello, an evil crazy dentist and even though his character is mean, I've always found him attractive! My favourite song in this musical is Skid Row. I would love to watch a big stage performance of it. I once saw it at my local library theatre and they did a great job of re-creating Audrey II. 

Lion King the Musical 

I went to see this fantastic musical on 4th April 2013 at the Palace Theatre in Manchester with my mum, and it was truly breathtaking. It was even more of an amazing experience because it was my first time watching a live musical, and what an incredible first musical! The costume designs were the best I've ever seen... they managed to bring the African savanna and its wildlife to life on stage. The performers had magnificant masks and wooden animals incorporated into their costumes, which moved as they did! I especially loved the cheetah I'll go back and see it again every chance I get. The music for Lion King the Musical was also wonderful! It actually made me cry at one point :) (I'm really overemotional; crying is practically my default response to almost any situation!). They sang some of the old classics that we all adore, but also new songs. I really recommend going to see this musical whenever you get the opportunity. Oh, and my favourite song is Grasslands Chant. 


I hope you all enjoyed my ramblings about my favourite musicals. 

 

Who else loves them? Which is your favourite?



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig