Friday 23 October 2015

The 11 Things Tag

I don't usually post on Fridays but I was tagged in the 11 Things Tag by the lovely Kiah :) Thanks! I was so excited to be tagged because I've always wanted to participate in one of these things. I really enjoy reading other peoples and I hope you all enjoy reading my word-heavy answers. So here goes... 


(1) What is the best fancy dress you have ever worn? In the year 2000, when I was 8 years old, my primary school organised a fancy dress day to celebrate the millennium. My mum made me the most adorable costume and I wish I could find a photo to show you all. I went to school dressed as a 'millennium bug', which we decided was a silver ladybird with red spots. I won a little prize for being the best fancy dress in my class and I was so proud that I insisted on wearing the costume to a youth club I used to go to once a week. 

(2) Have you ever experienced anything paranormal? I'm not sure what I believe about ghosts, spirits and all things paranormal, but I've had a few freaky experiences. Here's another story from my primary school days, from when I was in Year 3 I think. For our history lessons, we were learning about the Tudors that year so we went on a class trip to two Tudor houses in the county of Lancashire, where I live. We visited Hoghton Tower & Samlesbury Hall, which are both beautiful places that I'd love to visit again now that I'm older. I had a ghostly 'encounter' when we were at Samlesbury Hall. That day we were told there were lots of items gathered about all over the place because there was some sort of auction or sale going on, and one of the corridors was filled with mirrors. Me & my friend were walking at the back of our group, who had already gone into the next room but we were being silly and watching our shoes in the mirrors as we danced around, like you may have done in a shoe shop when you were younger. As we were doing this, I spotted the reflection of one of the mirrors at the other side of the corridor and in that mirror I saw a pair of black boots! I quickly turned around to see if there was someone else in the corridor but no one was there! It really spooked me and to this day, I'll never know if it was my mind playing tricks on me or the vivid imagintion I had as a child, or if I actually saw a ghost :) 

(3) What is your most important possession? This is a hard one to answer because so many of my possession are important to me... but it would probably have to be my camera. I don't have the most amazing SLR camera but I still love it. It's a Nikon coolpix L120 and I use it almost everyday. I have been interested in photography for a long time and nature photography is one of my hobbies. I love being able to capture photos of things and people, and forever being able to look and remember the happy and inspiring moments of my life. 

(4) Why is your favourite book your favourite? My favourite book series right now are The Song of Ice and Fire novels by George R.R. Martin. I love these books because I think they have the perfect balance of fantasy and reality, which includes so many different topics/ideas meaning that I'm always kept interested and on my toes. I am a bit of a history nerd and the fact the books have so much historical inspiration makes me enjoy them even more because when I read them, I feel like I'm being transported back into different eras of history. I also love that the books are filled with strong characters with in-depth storylines and I can relate to so many of them. These novels are known for having fantastic female characters and that is another reason why they are my favourite books. The characters I'm invested in the most are Tyrion and Arya, but I'd also want great things to happen for Daenerys, Sansa & Jon. I wish Mr Martin would publish the next book already!

(5) What has been the greatest challenge you have overcome? I feel as though I've had so many situations and obstacles in my life that I've had to overcome, but two stand out to me the most. Getting into university in the first place was difficult for me, especially because I wanted to study science! It's a long story to explain here so maybe I will write a post explaining more about why it was a challenge for me in the future, but basically I don't feel like my high school gave me the opportunity to do well in science and I wasn't allowed to take the higher GSCE paper so when it came to applying for sciences at my local college, their entry requirements meant that I couldn't do the subjects I wanted. Instead, I decided that I would find a way to work around this and enrolled in an agricultural college to study animal management which ended up being one of the best decisions I've ever made because I loved it there, and met so many lovely friends and those two years were some of the best of my life so far. Even though I obtained a distincton at college, I still needed to go back to my local college which again wouldn't let me take the subjects I wanted so still being determined, I choose some random subjects that I liked and decided to focus on UCAS points. Thankfully in 2012 I succeeded in getting into the university I wanted and I am really proud of myself! When I graduated with a degree in BSc (Hons) Zoo Biology, it felt such a big sense of achievement and basically thought f**k you to all of the people throughout my high school and college years who didn't give me the chance to prove mysef, but in another way I'm glad that it happened the way it did because I have shown myself that I can do what I want to if I don't give up and that it doesn't matter what others think of me, I can do it if I believe in myself ^.^. My other greatest challenge is also related to uni because the start of my degree was also the start of my chronic illness. Having to cope with IBS, and then anxiety and depression whilst at university was extremely difficult and it took a lot of emotional stress, pain and perseverance to get through, especially in my final year. It just made me so much more proud of my accomplishments when I graduated :)

(6) If you like horror movies, which is your favourite type? I love horror movies! They are probably my favourite kind of movie, next to Disney and Japanese animation. My favourite type are psychological horrors, but I also like some slasher movies if they have a good storyline and are not just filled with dramatically bloody scenes. 

(7) Where do you like to be the most? I don't have one particular place that I love to be, but I am most happy when surrounded by nature. Whenever I'm feeling down or need to relax, I go and sit or take photographs in my garden and it makes me feel content. I love woodlands. They are my favourite natural places to be. I like to be surrounded by tall trees and plants and wildlife, and there are just so many little details in nature that I'm constantly fascinated and inspired. 

(8) Which social media do you use the most? I was very far behind my friends when it came to getting a smartphone and I didn't get my iPhone until I was in my 2nd year of uni. Before then, I'd only used facebook and tumblr, which I still use now but I have become slightly addicted to the wonderful world of instagram I created an IG account for my blog when I started blogging earlier this year, but my personal instagram is here if you're interested. 

(9) What is your most unique talent? I don't really have any unique talents haha I sound very boring now :) None of my talents if that's what I'd call them are unique but I can bend the ends of each of my fingers whilst keeping the rest of my finger perfectly straight, which apparently freaks some people out and not everyone can do it! I can move my little toes individually and wiggle them about which is another thing I've been told is strange and difficult to achieve. Can anyone else do these random things? I bet you're trying it now! 

(10) Have you done anything embarrassing this month? Not yet, let's hope nothing embarrassing happens for the last week! I've have many chances to embarrass myself but no one was around to witness my clumsy moments, like the time I fell off my bed when I was standing on it trying to take some photos of an autumn decoration I've put up!

(11) Do you prefer books or TV Shows? I prefer books, but I do enjoy watching movies or TV adaptations of books I've read but that usually ends up with me complaining about parts they've left out or things they've changed. I do enjoy watching nature shows and history or reality documentaries though. 

I hope I didn't bore you all with my rambling :) It took me a ridiciously long time to think of my own 11 questions. I'm tagging Amanda, Laura, Zita & Estelle to answer my questions and make up 11 of your own

(1) What's your favourite pair of shoes? Describe them
(2) What would your dream pet be?
(3) When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
(4) Name the place you'd most love to visit & why
(5) What's your biggest achievement?
(6) What's your favourite flower?
(7) Name something that's made you smile/happy this month
(8) If you could travel back to any historical period for a day, where would you go?
(9) Whats your favourite mythical/fairytale creature?
(10) What are your top 5 most played songs?
(11) Name your favourite thing about yourself.

Thanks for reading!


Please feel free to do The 11 Things Tag with your friends :) 



Share:

6 comments

  1. Thanks for the tag! I have to admit that I have indeed just tried to bend the ends of my fingers and wiggle my toes individually but unfortunately I can't do either!! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries :) looking forward to reading your answers & seeing what questions of your own you come up with.

      haha! I don't think anyone can resist trying to do something like that if we read about it! I've not met many other peoplewho can do it. Do you have an unique talents like that?

      Delete
    2. Hey! When you say moving your toes individually, you mean, each toe can move without moving any other, right? Like, flippin the bird to someone with the foot, or curling the 4th toe only

      Delete
    3. wow, that is outstanding! Do you have a youtube channel? or Facebook? That is something I have never seen anyone else ever do! (I mean, without tricks, like pushing the foot against the floor or using toe separators)

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig