Friday 15 December 2017

Shuffle Music Tag | Blogmas #15

Hey guys! Today's blogmas post is going to be a non-festive one, but to be honest it's actually nice to have a break from writing about Christmas! I'm not a Grinch when it comes to this wonderful time of year or anything, however it certainly is an overwhelming time of year for me with so much to do, lots of organising and stressing over not feeling prepared enough, and so busy with lots of social interaction taking place... and well for me, that is really tough on my mental health. So I was delighted when the lovely Stacey over at Simply Stacey tagged me in this music-themed tag! I think it's such an interesting little tag, and it's cool to be able to check out what everyone else is listening to! I think our playlists definitely reflect our personalities and so I feel we can get to know people that little bit better by the songs they love to listen to! I hope you all enjoy reading my answer to the Shuffle Music Tag :) 


So how this tags works is that you simply put your playlist on shuffle and tell everyone all about the first 15 songs that play! You can check out Stacey's post here :) (Sorry I can't find the actual creator of the tag, so if anyone knows please let me know in the comments so I can give them a mention!) Here are the rules for the Shuffle Music Tag: 

  Mention the creator of the tag and link to their blog
♥  Thank the person that nominated you for this tag and link to their blog as well
Shuffle your entire music library (no matter how old the songs are) and talk about the first fifteen songs that come up (anything like why they are there, if they signify something, any story, why you like them, etc.)
Mention the songs as well as the artists
Tag 7 people or more to do this tag and please let them know

So, for this tag I used my main playlist on Spotify, which is called 'So Music, Much Random' because of my very eclectic musical tastes. I love something from pretty much every genre and my playlist is full of both new and old songs, performed by artists all over the world. I have 830 songs in there, so who knows what's gonna pop up? This should be fun, haha! Well, here goes... 

1) Samir & Viktor | Saxofuckingfon

Haha! What a random, yet awesome song to come up first on my shuffle! So, why do I have this wonderful Swedish song on my playlist? If you've been following me for a while now, you'll know that I absolutely love the Eurovision Song Contest. You may even know that I went to watch it live in Stockholm, Sweden last year, and it was an absolutely incredible show! You can read all about my trip to Sweden here if you want :) Because I'm a Eurovision nerd, me and a fellow Eurovision obsessed friend of mine like to watch some of the other competing countries shows where they choose which performer will represent them in the final show! Samir & Viktor are two hilarious, cheeky guys who have entered songs for the Eurovision a few times now, and my friend just loves them! Since we were going to Sweden for the final show, I decided to listen to lots of Swedish contenders, to their entry songs and a couple of their other hits, and this one is a great, lively tune which always reminds me of Eurovision 2016 when I listen to it because my friend & I just played it so much around the time! I have always been fascinated by songs sung in other languages too, ever since I was a child :) 

2) Aqua | Halloween

Okay so I have absolutely adored the Danish electric-dance band Aqua ever since I heard first heard Barbie Girl when I was a really young! Not only is their music so cheerful and fantastic to sing along to, it is also super nostalgic to me! It reminds me of Primary school discos and dancing around my house singing at the top of my lungs back in the 90's/early 2000's! I love all of their songs, however my favourites are Lollipop & Cartoon Heroes. Their Halloween song in particular is one of my favourites to play in October leading up to the spookiest night of the year and also my favourite holiday! I know that I'm going to have this song stuck in my head for days now, because Aqua's music is just so catchy! Who else remembers Aqua? Did you have a favourite song? 

3) Avril Lavigne | Complicated  

This song was released in 2002 and I was 10 years old. At this time in my life, I was just starting to discover alternative/rock music, and Avril Lavigne was one of my first artists of this genre that I started listening to. The music really appealed to me, as well as the punk rock type fashion, although it would be a couple more years before I worked up the courage to not care what anyone else would think and embraced my love for all things alternative. I could also really relate to the lyrics of Avril's songs and I'd never experienced that before finding alternative music :) This song along with many others will always remind me of the beginning of me starting to come out of my shell and find myself. 

4) Hellogoodbye | Here (In Your Arms) 

Oh my gosh, I love this song so much! It just reminds me of the only things that made my high school experience bearable, of all of the memories of the times spent with my friends :) It's just an really good upbeat, quirky song!

5) Marilyn Manson | Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) 

I will forever love the version of this song by Marilyn Manson, of whom I'm a big fan! It was the first song of his that I ever heard (Thanks to good old MTV!), and I was just in awe of his creepy aesthetics and the unique sound of his voice. I have been a fan of his ever since :) 

6) Evanescence | Going Under 

Evanescence were one of my favourite bands throughout my teenage years, and the lead singer Amy Lee was one of my idols back then, I really wanted to be like her when I grew up. She's gorgeous and her voice is amazing, so it's no surprise that little emo Sarah loved her so much! I really love the opera-esque style of rock music that Evanescence create, and that's why Nightwish and Within Temptation have been two of my favourite bands for a long long time now! The lyrics of Evanescence's songs have helped me through a lot of tough times, so they mean a lot of me.  

7) Pantera | Walk 

Well you can certainly tell by now what my preferred genre of music is, haha! I love the song Walk, although I prefer the Avenged Sevenfold version but that's probably because I'm biased as A7x are in my top five fav bands! Whenever I enjoy a cover song, I always download the original to check out how similar it is and stuff, so that's why the Pantera version is on my playlist. I haven't really listened to Pantera much, and I need to! 


8) Vengaboys | Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom!!

When I told you that my music taste was very varied, I wasn't exaggerating! I love that my playlist can go from metal/rock one minute, to cheesy pop music the next! Many of you guys will know by now that on the first Wednesday of this month, my friend & I went to Liverpool to attend a very nostalgic gig! We watched Steps and Vengaboys live at the Echo Arena there, and omgosh it was just one big party! I had a fabulous time (thanks so much Aaron for getting me the ticket for my birthday ). Vengaboys and Aqua were my two most loved artists when I was a kid, and so it was such fun to hear their music live! Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom!! (ALL THE BOOMS, haha!) is a song that always makes me want to dance! 

9) Miley Cyrus | We Can't Stop

I really enjoy some of Miley's songs and I wasn't expecting to! Party In The USA was the first one I heard and I love a good happy pop song, so it didn't take me long to check out some of her other music. As much as I like her songs, I actually prefer a cover version of this song so much more, by Boyce Avenue & Bea Miller. Bea has such a lovely voice! 

10) Boyce Avenue ft. Bea Miller | We Can't Stop

What the heck, how freaky is that!? What are the chances that out of 800+ songs that this would play next when I was thinking about how much I prefer this version of the song XD Omg I am actually psychic (seriously though this stuff happens to me all the time!). I first heard of Bea Miller via one of those facebook videos that are like THIS X FACTOR AUDITION WAS AMAZING! I listened to her and thought she sounded really good, so I headed to YouTube to listen some more, and then I came across this song that she did with Boyce Avenue, and just decided that she was fabulous! 

11) Good Charlotte | The Anthem 

My shuffle today seems to be all about nostalgia! This is one that I listened to first when I was in my early teens over at one of my friend's houses on the Kerrang! music channel. Back then, my TV didn't have Kerrang so I thought wow, this is awesome, haha! I love the message in this song to just be who you are, and do the things that make you happy not everyone else :)  

12) Lady Gaga | Born This Way 

I love Lady Gaga, she's quirky and lovely and there's not been a song that she's done that I haven't enjoyed! Talking of songs that have a message for people to just love who they are, this is another of them :) I love songs with positive messages in like this! I really like the introduction to this song's official music video, there's a unicorn and it's all fantasy and space themed so how could you not!? Plus Rick Genest with his awesome skeleton tattoos is in it too! Hello there ;) 

13) Eiffel 65 | Blue (Da Ba Dee) 

Just when I thought that I was going to have Halloween by Aqua stuck in my head for the rest of the Christmas holidays, it has now been overtaken by one of the catchiest songs in existence! XD This is another song from my childhood school disco days, and is now on my playlists for when I'm having pre-drinks before a night out with my friends! It's just one of those songs that is impossible not to sing along to, even when it's no longer playing apparently, haha. 

14) Bowling For Soup | 1985

Ten years ago now, Bowling For Soup was one of my favourite bands and I still love them, especially their songs released in the early 2000's. 1985 was the first song that I heard from them via their music video on TV, however the song that made me fall in love with the band was High School Never Ends. I have always been a fan of 80's culture, mainly the fashion, the movies & the music, so this is probably why I love 1985. In February last year, me & my best friend met Bowling For Soup and it was soooo awesome!

15) Belinda Carlisle | Heaven is a Place on Earth 

Spotify must be a mind-reader because there I was thinking about 80's music, and then one of my favourite songs from the 80's comes on! I have been listening to 80's music since I was young. I have always loved Michael Jackson's music (I even had a Michael Jackson doll that sung Black or White!), and this got me listening to playlists of the greatest hits from the 1980's on TV. This brilliant song by Belinda Carlisle would pretty much always be featured, so I grew up listening to it and dancing around pretending I had a big light-up globe in my hands like the kids in the music video, hahaha! 

So, those were my first fifteen songs on my Spotify shuffle! I hope that you all enjoyed reading this post and that some of these songs were as nostalgic for you as they are for me! I couldn't stop picturing memories from my childhood as I wrote about them :) Now it's time to tag some of you to do the tag too! I'm tagging... Polly, Eleanor, Cate, Jess, Elle, Bloo & anyone else who would like to do it! 

Thankyou for reading!


What's everyone's favourite song, artist or band? 

I'd love to hear all about what music you love! 

Share:

2 comments

  1. Thankyou for taking part lovely! Fab answers. I like Aqua and have Dr Jones on my playlist. Love Bowling For Soup and like this song too and The Girl All The Bad Guys Want is good too. Lady Gaga has such a brilliant voice. Boyce Avenue are amazing aren’t they. I am glad you got to reminisce about your growing up while doing the tag, songs are so powerful to links in the past. When you hear a song you haven’t heard for ages you have a flashback to an event. Thankyou again and am loving your Blogmas xxx

    Stacey | SimplyStacey.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I loved "1985" in high school. I even knew all the words. I had forgotten about that Hellogoodbye song. I remember listening to it when I used to jog (that was a very brief time in my life, lol).

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig