Wednesday 16 December 2015

Blogmas Day 15 | Christmas Memories


Today was just one of 'those days'. I spent most of the afternoon in bed catching up on episodes of American Horror Story and The Last Kingdom, and feeling dreadful because of this annoying chest infection. Later on, I decided to look through some old photo albums to cheer myself up and spent a few hours reminiscing about Christmas when I was little. I love how magical Christmas used to be and how exciting it was in the weeks leading up to Christmas Day. It was wonderful to believe in the festive fairytales of Father Christmas, his reindeers, his toy workshop and that they actually ate the treats we left out for them on Christmas Eve. I've picked out a few of my favourite photos to share with you all & I hope you enjoy! I can't believe it's only 10 days until Christmas!


The first photograph is from 1994 making me 2 years old and I'm lovin' how adorable my outfit is. My mum loved dressing me in red or tartan clothes at Christmas and although I'm now 23, I'd definitely wear that cute dog Christmas jumper if it was available for adults :) One of the things I loved about Christmas back then was laying in bed in the early hours of the morning, not being able to fall back asleep because of excitement and not knowing what time it was or if any of my siblings were awake yet, wondering about what Santa had brought everyone. I loved that first moment when my mum opened the living room door and standing there in awe of the presents filling the sofas. I used to be so happy about the fact that Santa always put all of our presents in the exact same place every year. 


I love all of the photographs from this year because I just look so happy. It was Christmas '95 and I was 3 years old. I still have memories of opening these presents; I especially loved the red bus! I loved a few of my sister's presents, too. She got a cute St. Bernard teddy & I got a fluffy poodle one, and I remember playing with them and making them best friends. My sister was only 8 months old at the time so she got baby toys and I was fascinated with one of them! It was clear ball filled with water, a rubber duck and lots of little multi-coloured balls and I wouldn't put it down :) 


The photos above are a mixture from when I was 4, 5 and 6 years old. Every year, we used to go to a Christmas party at the local working men's club because my dad was a member. They were great fun and at the end, after playing party games and dancing for hours, Santa came to visit and we got to go up on stage to receive our present. Looking back on it now, I love how all the children where playing and being loud and then someone would ring some bells when Santa was about to arrive and suddenly there would be complete silence in the whole room, all the children staring at the door! haha I loved the Christmas of 1998 when I got a rocking horse! I adored it and would pretend that it was a real horse. The reason why the bottom right photograph is one of the favourites is because it makes me think about how much our living room has changed over the years, as the card holder has always been put up in the same place every year for a long as I can remember. Also, the blanket in the photo was very special to me when I was young. I would carry it everywhere around the house with me :) 


Thankyou for reading! 
 I'd love to hear all about some of your favourite Christmas memories.  


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig