Friday 11 December 2015

Blogmas Day 10 | Christmas at University Throwback

 
This year is the first time in three years that I didn't spend the first week of December at university and I definitely missed it. I loved being surrounded by my friends, all of us excited for Christmas and eager to celebrate this wonderful time of year together before heading off home for our winter break. We'd all sit around the kitchen table cutting out paper snowflakes and doing some festive drawings to decorate the windows of our flat, whilst listening to all our favourite Christmas songs. I loved watching Christmas movies with my flatmates, wrapped up in our blankets surrounded by snacks. Timehop on facebook has been constantly reminding me of all my favourite university Christmas memories which gave me the inspiration for today's blogmas post. So here's my throwback thursday Christmas edition. 


My favourite Christmas memory from my time at uni has to be from my 2nd year when my flatmates and I made an amazing Christmas dinner. It was lovely spending the afternoon preparing and cooking food together, dancing and singing along to Christmas songs and making the kitchen look super Christmassy. We all wore our Christmas jumpers and I wore some funky angel earrings too. The dinner we made was honestly one of the best Christmas meals I've ever had. We cooked homemade Yorkshire puddings and roast potatoes in goose fat, honey roasted carrots and parsnips (the first time I tried honey roasted veg and I loved them!), sage & onion stuffing, mash potato, lots of vegetables, pigs-in-blankets (yum yum... my favourite festive food) and we decided to have a roast chicken rather than turkey. We spent the last of our budget on a chocolate gateau for dessert and some Christmas crackers. It was such an awesome day!

 ^ Me & one of my friends are short (I'm 5''2) so had to stand on a chair to get a good photo of all the food haha 

      ^ How delicious do our homemade roasties look!? Roast potatoes are one of my favourite foods.

 ^ We made ALOT of food so there was well enough for everyone to fill their plates. 

Another fantastic memory from uni was the Christmas event at our campus bar. I went to Nottingham Trent University, which has three campuses and I studied at Brackenhurst. Our bar was called the Brack Bar and for many of the events, they played on the word 'Brack' when naming them. They called the Halloween event 'Brack from the Dead' and the Christmas Event 'Brackmas'. I went to the Brackmas event in my 1st and 2nd year and it was so fun dressing up in festive attire, celebrating with friends and dancing until the early hours! I wish I'd made more of an attempt to dress up now! Some of my fellow students had such creative costumes; in my 1st year, two of my flatmates dressed up as elves and looked both hilarious and awesome. 

In my 1st year, me & my flatmates also did a Secret Santa and I'd never done one before. It was really fun and my dear friend Beth bought me some adorable Hello Kitty gifts. I made my flatmate a little hamper filled with some of his favourite snacks. The night before we all gave each other our Secret Santa gifts, I stuck Christmas cards & candy canes on all of my flatmates bedroom doors to surprise them :)  My final favourite Christmas memory was all of the snow that we got in 2012. My campus is in the countryside and surrounded by fields and farmland, so it looked beautiful covered in snow. It was great to build snowmen with my friends and go for walks in the snow with my camera. I hope it snows like that this year!



I hope you all enjoyed today's post! 


What are your favourite Christmas memories from university, college or school?  

 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig