Friday 7 October 2016

Doki Doki Box Review #2 | Blogtober

Today's blogtober post is going to be all about my second Doki Doki box, and it's definitely one for my fellow feline fans! That's right, it's a cat themed edition of this monthly kawaii subscription box. You get five to seven adorable items in each box, which always includes a t-shirt and a charm of one of the Doki Doki characters. Check out last month's box here.  I hope you all enjoy reading! 

Doki Doki Box by Japan Crate


Inside the box: Pusheen Beanie, Julie Plushie, Shikakui Koneko Coin Purse, Monthly Hoppe-Chan Charm, Exclusive T-Shirt & Pusheen Laptop Decal (which I forgot to include in this photo, oops!) plus the little magazine that comes in every box, detailing all of the items you get. 

Doki Doki Crate

This adorable little coin purse is definitely my favourite item in the entire box this month. Just look at that sweet face and those pink paws! So cute! 'Shikakui' means square in Japanese, and 'Koneko' means small cat so the name of this purse basically translates to small square cat coin purse. As you can see from the label, it is available in eight designs, and I think it's pretty awesome that I received the black cat just before Halloween :) 

Doki Doki Crate

If you read my last Doki Doki box post, you'll know that something I disliked about the exclusive t-shirt is that they only offer up to a size large which is a shame because I prefer my t-shirts to be baggy vs tight-fitting, so I would only use this t-shirt as a PJ top. I really like the colour of this shirt and the design of the characters is cute, but I don't like how the outline of the cats is not aligned if that makes sense. I think it looks a little messy, but I know that so many of you will probably really like this t-shirt. 

Pusheen Beanie

In this month's Doki Doki box, they decided to introduce a 'Pusheen Roulette'. Subscribers could have received one of three items available: a Pusheen Beanie, a Pusheen Cat Ear Beanie or a pack of two pairs of exclusive Pusheen socks. I think this is a cool idea! I was sent this super adorable Pusheen beanie hat, and I am happy with it but I'm also sort of sad that I didn't get the cat ear version as I've wanted it for months now. Still, this beanie is really well made from good quality material and has a lovely design. It looks like it's an official Pusheen item too, so that's fabulous. With the cold weather approaching, this is the perfect item to receive. I can't wait to look adorable in this hat in the snow, fingers crossed we get some this year! Which item would you have preferred from the Pusheen Roulette?


Doki Doki

Each Doki Doki box comes with a plush item, and this month they introduced a new character called Julie. I think it's sweet that they included some information, a cute character profile label, all about her. It reminds me a little of those heart shaped tags that come attached to TY Beanie Babies. I used to collect them when I was little. Who else had TY's? She's cute, but she also reminds me of an alien and I don't know why, maybe it's because her eyes are so close together, haha! The plushie is made of really soft material, but I don't like the fluff as it feels kind of cheap. I will probably give this plushie to my nieces and nephews to play with. 


Doki Doki Crate


Doki Doki Crate

I absolutely adore the Hoppe-Chan charm in my September Doki Doki box. It's really cute! Last month's charm was a rabbit which was also a really nice charm. I'm curious about what next month's charm will be. My favourite thing about this charm is the tiny pink tail and bow. It's a sturdy charm too so I feel happy about putting it on one of my bags and not worrying too much about it easily breaking. This is my second favourite item :) 


Pusheen, Doki Doki, Pusheen Doki Doki,

This is the final thing I received, the Pusheen laptop decal that I forgot to include in my photograph of all of the items in this month's box. I seriously love Pusheen the cat so so much so I can never have too many Pusheen items. I am even a subscriber of the Pusheen Box. I am getting a new laptop soon, and I can't wait to pop this little guy onto it. 

Overall, I love that this box had a cat theme because cats are amazing! I do however feel like some of the items are not a great value for money, considering I have to pay for the Doki Doki box to be shipped from the US, it can be a little disappointing. I wish that they would add more available sizes for their t-shirts, too! Oh, and I just wanted to add a little note about my new duvet cover. It's covered incolourful Care Bears and I love love love it! The Care Bears always remind me of my childhood, and it just brightens up my day to see my bed. It's from ASDA if you wanna get yourself one, too!

Thankyou for reading! 


What's your favourite item in this box?
Also, do you have a favourite breed or just favourite colour of cat? I love all cats but I love Norwegian Forest Cats, Maine Coons & ginger tabbies are my favourite.

Love Subscription Boxes? Check out these posts:
| Pusheen Box Summer Edition | March Kawaii Box | Feb Spooky Box Club |

Share:

3 comments

  1. Omg so cute =]

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I love the Pusheen hat the most! :D

    I'm glad someone else loves Pusheen just as much as I do. ^_^

    https://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig