Sunday, 2 October 2016

Preparing for Halloween | Blogtober

As soon as it hits October 1st, my mind is instantly made up that it's now officially the beginning of a whole month of Halloween.Who else agrees? Halloween is in my opinion, the best holiday of the year and I am thoroughly excited to fill my life with all things spooky for the next 30 days. For today's blogtober post, I wanted to share with you all some ideas of how you can get yourself into the Halloween spirit. This is definitely a post for my fellow Hallowe'en lovers :) I hope you all enjoy reading!

Blogtober: Preparing for Halloween

Here are some of my suggestions on what you can do to celebrate this Halloween: 

• Have a horror movie marathon with your friends
• If you're not a fan of horror movies, then have a Tim Burton movie marathon instead!
• Or if you're like me, do both :) 
• Carve pumpkins
• Decorate your home, or your bedroom, with some Halloween decorations: hang-up ghosts & ghouls, cover surfaces in cobwebs, sprinkle some spooky-themed sequins around!
• Visit a haunted house
• Dress up for Halloween
• Make an inspiration board of your fancy dress ideas
• Watch Hocus Pocus
• Eat or drink something pumpkin flavoured
• Listen to Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' (watch the music video too!)
• Get yourself a Halloween cup to drink out of (Poundland & PoundWorld are great for these!)
• Have fun practicing some Halloween make-up ideas
• Go on a ghost walk/tour
• Bake some Halloween-themed biscuits or cupcakes
• Watch The Rocky Horror Picture Show 
• Paint your nails black
• Eat some Halloween sweets, the shops are full of them at this time of year! Don't forget to get some for Trick-or-Treaters, too!
• Get creative and do a Halloween DIY project, such as making your own decorations. For this, Pinterest is your best friend!
• Listen to The Monster Mash
• Read a spooky story, such as a Goosebumps book from your childhood... who remembers it?
• Watch The Nightmare Before Christmas
• Decorate your planner/diary/notebook with Halloween stickers
• Go to a Halloween party or even organise your own
• Make some themed cocktails for the party or your movie marathon
• To me, Halloween is basically synonymous with Autumn so I enjoy doing seasonal traditions and activities too, such as lighting an Autumn-themed candle, roasting marshmallows, getting out in nature to fully appreciate all of the beautiful colours outdoors at this time of year, etc. Jumping into a pile of leaves is also great fun!

Thankyou for reading! 

  ♥

Do you like to celebrate Halloween? 
What's your favourite tradition for this time of year?

Enjoy this post? Then check out these!
Share:

4 comments

  1. I love the ideas! I wish it was a big holiday in Ukraine...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a shame that it isn't! Nevermind, you can still celebrate it with your friends... Have a little Halloween party :)

      Delete
  2. I really don't like Halloween - I never have and I certainly don't see the appeal of Autumn, I actually hate it haha.
    Despite that though I am tempted by some of the things on your list - I will definitely try and watch Hocus Pocus - I love that film! I also will totally be painting my nails black this weekend.

    Goosebumps!! I loved those books - do you remember Point Horror books? Some of those were classic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe I'm glad that I managed to temp you with my list then! :)

      Hocus Pocus is a fabulous movie! Goosebumps was awesome, and actually a little scary too! I only remember reading one, I think it was about a babysitter but that's all I remember XD You've made me want to look out for them in the charity shops and read them. Can you recommend any favourites?

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig